1.17.2020

Starting Final Task

Hey Blog!
Hi, I'm Deedi welcome back to my blog. I just turned 16 recently which I was excited about this year. I still live in the amazing state in Florida besides the weather unfortunately it's not always fun. It's finally the year 2020, and sophomore year is going wonderful. Your fellow Capricorn is still her tiny, adorable height since junior high and counting. Moving on, I am doing a (2 minute) movie intro for the next project to AICE Media Studies, class. I've decided to work with two of my great friends Emma and Hailey, the three of us together came up with some awesome pitches to for the project.

There are many skills I've acquired during the 1st semester of this course and some terms I've come familiar with. In the beginning, we dealt with basic camera angles and terminologies such as a high angle, low angle, pan movement, or tilt movement.  I also learned about the cinema of films such as what  a mis-en-scene is along with the process of making films; production, distribution, and exhibition are the steps in which the process of a film being produced. Lastly, I've learned some editing techniques while filming the music video and our commercial. All the different similar elements that combine to make both films: commercial and music video, such as lighting, sound, and purpose. I've learned about institutions and audiences how they collaborate when producing a film. I've also learned a lot about group work and working individually which I find personally both challenging. There's a lot more I can go more into detail with so many things I've learned throughout the semester. but that sums up for most of what I've learned.

 So, to define pitch for those of you who are like “A pitch?? Is this some type of a baseball joke I'm not getting here?!” Well, I hate to break it you, not exactly. A pitch is defined as an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. Overall, where you would describe an idea to a movie in 25 words and you go throughout the plot, but not too in-depth just enough to reel them in. Some of our pitch ideas include: the main character being below average height and struggles and challenges that come with being averagely short in height, someone being addicted to social media and their peers are concerned for their well being. A couple of others we came up with is where this guy is being stalked by a group of men 24/7 from some type of sci-fi facility. This little minor holds valuable information he isn't aware of but also doesn't realize he's being stalked. The final one we've come up with is where this when walking on her way home from school while looking down at her cellular device in a rush she bumps her head majorly on a metal bumper of some sort and receives a major headache. Later she discovers she has the capabilities of extracting metal objects. These are a couple of our pitches in the next blog we get to decide on which pitch we're going to do for the movie. See you on the next one guys!!

Love, Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Filming Blog: NO FILMING TOOK PLACE

Hi Blog!   Unfortunately filming couldn't happen the past week, there were a couple of events that took place during this time. I'...