1.29.2020

Title Research: Art of The Title Website

 While researching my genre and how to make a title, I visited a website called Art of the Title. The website shows the opening sequences of a variety of films and shows. The films and shows are from a range of genres, including comedy, horror, romance, fantasy, and mystery. They showcase openings of films and shows that are both from long ago and more recent. On top of that, the website included detailed articles about the events of movies. It includes very detailed descriptions of certain scenes and describes the opening credits in an easy to understand way. It also assesses the costumes and setting of the movies. These articles included movies that also ranged widely in genre. The site was also very easy to navigate and use. I chose to visit this website to get an idea of what is common in horror opening sequences. The range of movies meant there was ample choices of horror movies to collect information from. This meant I could record how films in the horror genre represent and establish their genre in the opening credits. I also was able to record the amount of titles used in the openings and what imagery was used in different films. This information would then help me when I make my own opening for a movie. All in all, the website was very beneficial when planning and getting ideas for the opening sequence of our own film for our project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Filming Blog: NO FILMING TOOK PLACE

Hi Blog!   Unfortunately filming couldn't happen the past week, there were a couple of events that took place during this time. I'...