1.29.2020

Title Research: Watch The Titles Website

 As I was researching different topics, I found a website called Watch the Titles. I encountered it while researching titles of horror movies. The website has multiple features that were extremely helpful when trying to come up with a title sequence for my project. The website has opening sequences from a wide variety of movies and shows. These cover all genres and styles of film. The site also has the opening sequences of video games which was interesting but not particularly needed for my specific project. Finally, it included interviews of title designers for popular franchises, such as Spiderman. Within the interview they talk about how they came up with the titles that they have made and discuss typography. Typography is the art or procedure of arranging type or processing data and printing from it. This information was nice to look at as it showed the process and ideas the title designers encountered while making the opening of the films. While the interviews were helpful, I focused on the horror movie opening sequences as they were the most beneficial to my research. From the sequences, I could record common elements among the films. I also could take note of how the openings were able to portray the genre of the film with imagery. This information that I was able to collect would then come in handy for making my movie opening. Especially when deciding on what the opening sequence will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Filming Blog: NO FILMING TOOK PLACE

Hi Blog!   Unfortunately filming couldn't happen the past week, there were a couple of events that took place during this time. I'...