11.19.2019

(Research & Conventions) Creating A Music Video!

 HEY!
  Yes, you read that right so this week we doing a music video for our class. I'm so freaking excited for this project. I have been wanting to film an actual music video for sooo long!! This is so exciting for me, and one of the many great reasons I joined this course. I'm working on this particular project by myself so I have full control this time. Though I am including all my friends in this music video so I'll still be able to have them in my video. I've already thought of so may different ideas and places, and songs to do the video. The hardest part was deciding on a song to do. Going through the thought process of all the songs I know and how many great songs there are, let juts say it was a very difficult decision. But I have finally Settled on  a song for my music video which I am so excited for which is; Bleed The Same by Mandisa ft. Toby Mac & Kirk Franklin.
So, I did my research on music videos. I looked up the music video to the song I'm doing. The music video uses different lighting affects and aesthetic. Lighting uses are backlighting, hard lighting, low-key lighting and neutral lighting. The angles used in this music video are lots of wide shots, a few high angles, and mainly consist of close ups towards the face and medium-close ups.
 This song's length is about four minutes long but, our music video has a limit to a minute and 30 seconds has a really nice message to the world, and how we function as a society. One of the most powerful lyrics in the song says "Tell me, who are we to judge someone by the kind of clothes their wearing or by the color of their skin?" This is an issue currently happening with our society on how people are being discriminated by race, skin color, sexuality, or gender. In my music video I want to reached out to those who feel attacked and struggle with situations and events like these. these things and motivate them to through positive lyrics like these. Also, the chorus my favorite part of the song sums up the entire theme to the music video where it says "We all bleed the same. We're all beautiful when we come together. We all bleed the same, so tell me why? Tell me why we're divided. -- Fight for each other! Let love be the cry!" 
 The genre this song would fit in is Gospel Pop. The conventions of this genre are usually motivational, and inspiring. The music videos usally consists of lots of wide shots these videos include lots people. There are parts where the artist does a solo and they sing in front of the camera, that scene shuffling through all the different ones. The locations with this type of genre have a huge variety. Depending on the theme of the song and what message the video is coveying. With all that in mind I plan to include lots of different scenes, different locations. Lots people of all types of race, culture, and ethnicity. This is actually happening! 😆😆 Alright I'll see you on the next vlog! 
Love, Dee ♥

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Filming Blog: NO FILMING TOOK PLACE

Hi Blog!   Unfortunately filming couldn't happen the past week, there were a couple of events that took place during this time. I'...