12.10.2019

Filming Music Video #2

Hey, Blog!
Okay, this is the second day of filming this time it's on campus and includes my beloved friends. So, I explained to them what exactly what I was going to film, what the purpose of what I what and how I  needed them to act when being filmed which wasn't hard at all. So, I filmed during lunch time and after school as well. At lunch time i had my friends all gathered around eating lunch, with friendly faces on socializing. I took a pan shot going from left to right, then opposite. Then I took of a close-up of some of my friends individually. I had them smile, or just be themselves in the present moment. I took a couple of takes tough it wasn't necessary at all. I got some great shots of smiling and friendly faces. So, filming went smooth for that the first half.  Next, it was time to film after school.
 Usually on Tuesday I have choir club with my friends and a couple days before I asked them all to stay after club was done to help me shoot the next part to my music video. Though on the day choir club was canceled last minute. Which was really convenient for me, because no one had a ride home at the moment. So, I took that opportunity to get filming done, my camera was running low on battery so I charged it up for it bit while rehearsing with my friends what they were going to do when being filmed. That took a few moments the camera had reached a decent amount of charge and I set everything up outside by the grass and could finally begin filming.
 I did my best to set to the camera at a high angle the only issue was that most of them were tall but, I managed. They held hands in a circle and ran around the camera this was the portray the lyric of the song "We're all beautiful when we come together," so I had them smile which resulted in laughter as well. I took about 3 takes of this two which included me in it. After I had them hold of posters with words of encouragement I planned to edit in. So, I them say random things that made them happy and pose with the posters. They came up with the most random things and which made them laugh and it was exactly what I need laughter. The shots I took of this were at medium close-ups, and at eye level. After I got to ride on the backs of friends and they ran while I was on their backs. The exact of purpose of this was to match with this lyric of the song which says "We were made to carry one another, were made for more".  That was the really fun part for me personally, and filming was finally over.  I packed up all my stuff the camera, tripod, and my props. I walked with my friends out of campus and told them they did an amazing job. We all went home, and enjoyed the rest of our day. Next up editing I was really excited to look back at the footage and thinking about all the cool affects I could add to create my music video. Though I never had to chance to do my solo I was really satisfied with how filming went and I can't wait to see the outcome! ;) 
Luv, Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Filming Blog: NO FILMING TOOK PLACE

Hi Blog!   Unfortunately filming couldn't happen the past week, there were a couple of events that took place during this time. I'...