12.10.2019

Filming Music Video #1

Hey blog!
So, over the Thanksgiving Holiday Break. I did some filming and the night before the break I was testing the camera, figuring out all the features it has on the software and how I can put them to use when filming. So I have a lots of testing videos on the SD card. So, I went out to Walmart to gather things I thought I might end up needing for the music video. I wanted to buy a backdrop but, it was out of my mom's price range. Then I wanted to buy a flashlight for lighting but, I in the end I decided to use my camera's flash, or otherwise. After, I went out and gathered all the materials I needed I went home and I was figuring out how to my backdrop. I gather a couple colored sheets I preferred for my music video. After, that was complete I went to the location where I would be shooting my music video and set up the scenery and how I want the backdrop to look.
 After that was being finished I showed my camera the specific camera angles I wanted to get when being filmed. All the different camera movements he was supposed to do such as tilts, and pans.Then, my brother who'd I'd include in a certain scene where I'd play basketball in the music video showed  me how to dribble and play a bit of basketball . We spent about 10-15 minutes practicing how to defense and dribble and after we finished I wanted to do a certain action to go with the music video. After spending time rehearsing that with him, I reviewed the choreography with my sister then we were finally ready to film.
Though the sun started to go down really quickly, we used it as our timer. We all got into props and I had them dressed up accordingly. I went over the procedure one last time again. Then, we began filming. The basketball scene took multiple takes until I got the perfect take. It was hard and we we're also rushing at the same time to complete the scene because the sun was going down fast. We made one scene complete next it was my sister's turn. I wanted to take the choreography for the song of me and me sister in different angles. So I went over that with my brother one last time, once he got it down. I turned on the music so when going back to edit the song will better synchronized with the dance. I took it at a high angle, a medium close-up, and wide angle. Though the sun had already gone down but with just enough lighting to create a cool affect on the sky which was perfect for me to add to my music video. But with not enough time to film my solo, but it was a fun time. Next, blog is part two for filming! Bye :)!
Luv, Dee 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Filming Blog: NO FILMING TOOK PLACE

Hi Blog!   Unfortunately filming couldn't happen the past week, there were a couple of events that took place during this time. I'...